OrthoServiceLine.com, a free resource to the orthopedic community sponsored by Wellbe, is hosting a complimentary webinar featuring Sheldon Hamburger, a Principal of The Aristone Group, titled “90 Days to Bundled Payments: Roadmap and Methodology for Implementing Your Bundled Payments Initiative.”
CMS’ recent announcement to “double down” on value-based models including bundled payments demonstrates their commitment to this paradigm. Providers need to respond in kind and launch their programs ASAP.
The complexities and time associated with changing focus, care design, and operations can be daunting and this has caused many organizations to delay or reject implementation. But it doesn’t have to be this way.
This session will describe a structured approach that was successfully used to launch a BPCI Model 2 program in 90 days. This particular case study involved an organization that needed to change conveners making the challenge even more difficult. Nevertheless, the program moved along on schedule.
Key topics to be addressed include:
- Organization, planning, project management, and priorities
- Selecting (or changing) the convener
- Bundle selection (even in the absence of data)
- Expediting the CMS application process
- Keys to establishing/launching an effective post-acute care network
- Organizational alignment and change management
- Performance metrics – another approach
- Leveraging success to expand the program
- Learn how to prioritize objectives to simplify the bundled payment project plan
- Understand the key drivers in bundle selection to avoid analysis paralysis
- Learn how to measure real-time progress of the plan and the bundle
- Develop strategies and tactics to create a post-acute partnership
- Understand the role of change management in a complex project
90 Days to Bundled Payments: Roadmap and Methodology for Implementing Your Bundled Payments Initiative
Date/Time: Thursday, May 28, 2015 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM EST
Register here: http://www.orthoserviceline.com/category/events/
OrthoServiceLine.com is a free resource for orthopaedic service line leaders designed to give them actionable insights and ideas to grow and streamline their programs. OrthoServiceLine.com is sponsored by Wellbe.
About the Speaker:
Sheldon Hamburger serves as a Principal of The Aristone Group, a healthcare consulting group. With focus on helping healthcare enterprise organizations address emerging trends, Aristone provides expertise in strategy, process, and technology. With over 30 years of experience in developing and marketing healthcare technology products and services, Mr. Hamburger’s career includes various “firsts” in medical and pharmaceutical financial processing systems.
About Wellbe (//wellbe.me)
Wellbe, the inventor of the cloud-based Guided CarePath, works with health providers to engage patients as partners in their episodes of care. Our Guided CarePaths empower patients to learn and take the actions required to achieve better outcomes at lower costs. High-performing hospitals use Wellbe’s Connected Care solutions to improve the experience and efficiency of helping patients to successfully navigate their medical treatments and surgeries.